Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Course Work 2012 Options
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2012 9:24:04 PM

This weekend we will be out working at the Goshen course both Saturday and Sunday, 9A.M. to 5P.M. All you need is work gloves and shoes or boots you don't mind getting muddy. If you have a chainsaw we can put that to use as well. Plenty of downed and cut wood to move off the fairways and some additional clearing here and there on the fairways. If you plan on coming out please call or txt me at 513-602-0637.

DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 10:38:29 PM

Bump-Cancelling Saturday's workday, didn't hear from anyone but Sunday is still on.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2012 6:56:33 PM

Thank you to all who came out: Rob Glover, Phil Miller, Tony Vincent, Gary Beebe, & Adam Jones. We will be having another workday next Sunday, 9A.M. to 5P.M., if you can stop out just for a couple hours it would be greatly appreciated. All you need to contribute is a pair of gloves but we can use people willing to manicure the fairways with lobbers, help dig out steps with a shovel, pole saw or saw limbs would be helpfull as well. All the fairways are defined save 18 but many still require removal of debris and manicuring. We will post some photos this week out on the Facebook page of the fairways.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 8:44:39 AM

Thanks Troy and Jeremy for stopping by to help for a bit and check out the course. Myself and Gary B where able to clear hole 18 to about 90% ready.

We have a heck of a lot of work to get this course ready by August and from the looks of it this will not happen without more support. Everyone I talk to says they will come out but when we have work days scheduled, its always the same good small group of volunteers. Anyone not going to the BG Am Champs this weekend I will be at Airy on Saturday 9am till 1pm. and Goshen on Sunday 9:30 am till 5pm.
Any questions or concerns give me a shout at 513-255-7275 If you can't make it to a scheduled work day but still want to help on your own time just contact me for details, plenty of stuff for all to work on. Course is really starting to take shape and most fairways are darn close to throw-able but all need more work to get them ready for play. We are planning on having heavy equipment back out for a week in May to which we need to get a lot handled prior to maximize efficiency, without the equipment the course would not be ready this year regardless of how much help we get. Hope to see some new faces out there and feel free to check it out and walk through the course just print a map from Here.
Old Bassman
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:24:32 PM

I will be at Mt Airy on Saturday.
GaryBB
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:10:54 AM

Adam, I will be there Sunday with the big saw ready to tear down trees, beat up briers, and free the fairways.

For anyone else that hasn't been out, Adam and Drew have designed a quality and challenging course. If your not available to work, stop out and tour the course. I believe this will quickly become one of the clubs featured courses.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 6:48:58 PM

On Saturday we will be done by 11 or just after so anyone can play the Doubles at the Nati. I want to. See ya's in the mornin.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 9:03:24 AM

Myself and Gary put in 12 hours this Sunday. We continued fairway clearing on holes 2,9,10,11,12,14. First tee's and pin's are staked for holes 1-3,5-15,18.
Change of Time : Easter Sunday If anyone would like to come out I will be out there from Noon till 5pm or so.

We need lots of help and support to reach our goal of having this course open for play by July/August. We have made a lot of progress and are close to reaching our goals.
If you can't make it to one of the organized work days but want to work on things during the week please contact me or Andrew for details, thanks.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:46:53 AM

This weekend of the 14th and 15th we will be out at Goshen from 9:30am till 5pm.
Still clearing some fairways and will start working on tee boxes.

AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:00:49 AM

Free Reds tickets for next week thanks to Cincinnati Parks, I will have access to 3 games for when the Giants are in town next Tuesday 24th 7:10pm, Wed 25th at 7:10pm, and Thur 26th at 12:35. I need to know ASAP who wants any tickets and will use them. I will be picking up some later today and I plan on attending both the Tuesday and Wednesday night games. Contact me directly at 513-255-7275, Thanks.

We will be at Goshen this Saturday the 21st from 9:30am. till 5pm.
Bring any tools and dress appropriately please.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:33:57 PM

This Saturday I can not make it but I will be at Goshen on Sunday from 9:30 am till about 5pm.
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2012 6:56:25 AM

Today we will be at Williamsburg course installing fly18 pads at 10am.

Sunday we will be at Goshen clearing fairways. 9:30am. till about 5pm.
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:12:12 AM

This Saturday may 12th is the CCS at Oxford. For those that won't be playing I could use all the help I can get at Burnet Woods. We are working with Cincinnati Parks and others to renovate the course and get it back to playable conditions; 3 baskets, tee posts and signs, course map and message board, and the usual course clean-up. Starts at 9am till 1pm.

Sunday is at Goshen course in the Kathryn Stagge-Marr Park from 9 till 5. While myself, Gary, and Drew have been focusing on cutting and clearing fairways we have tons of stuff that anyone can do at any time that works. We need help with hauling limbs and piling the debris in designated areas and sorting the larger timber so that we can use it for course materials. We will be building Tee boxes very soon as we gather/purchase materials. Anyone interested in hole sponsorships which will help us get the materials please contact Andrew Miller 513-602-0637 for details.

Holes that need debris hauled are: 1,2,8,11,12,18. all holes can use a bit of TLC but these have the most debris.
Bridges needed on holes: 1,5,6,9,10,11,18.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 10:05:32 AM

Change of plans for Sunday at Goshen, being Mothers day we will start earlier and finish by noon, @ 7:30am at the course.
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:18:43 PM

AdamJ wrote:
Change of plans for Sunday at Goshen, being Mothers day we will start earlier and finish by noon, @ 7:30am at the course.

Canceled. I will not be able to be there.
Continue on next weekend.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 9:11:41 AM

This coming weekend we will be at Goshen both Saturday and Sunday. If your not playing in a event please consider coming out to help or check out the course and see the progress.
With temps warming up we will being starting a bit earlier..7:30am and work till 3 or 5.

If a few guys bring portable baskets we could even play most of the course afterward. Interested? Please contact myself or Andrew if you can make it.

Most of the time it has only been 2 or 3 of us out there doing a ton of work with a few other great guys coming when they can. So I have to ask, where is everybody? What do I have to do to convince or persuade the rest to help. This is what being a club member is all about. This can't be possible without your support. To those that have been showing up, thank for making the sacrifice and giving up your time and effort to make this course possible.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:01:02 AM

Troy
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:47:08 PM

If you are not playing in a tourney on Saturday then let's all chip in and help get this course ready. Count me and Jerm in for Saturday Adam.
GaryBB
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2012 6:56:35 AM

I'll be there SAT and SUN.
robglover
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2012 6:58:15 PM

I plan on helping Sunday.
Troy
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2012 8:14:32 PM

I want to apologize to Adam and all the other guys who showed up today to work at Goshen because I was unable to come as I had posted earlier. I forgot to check with the wife on plans and of course it bit me in the butt. I'm sorry that I didn't make it but will try to get out there one day this week.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 5:58:34 AM

I got your message Troy, I understand bud, no need to apologize but thanks.

I will be there today from 7:30am. till about 4ish. We will be preparing the Tee areas so we can install tee pads next weekend. Plus there is a heck of a lot of clearing required on almost every hole to get them playable, anyone can do this with ease any time any day. Hole sponsorships to help raise funding can be through Andrew Miller, so if you where thinking of contributing now's the perfect time.

For all those that haven't seen the course yet or know very little of it I want you all to know this will be our top 3rd course by far, following Idlewild and Airy. Yes I do feel it will be liked more than Banklick/Lincoln ridge. I'll let you decide so come on out even if its just to tour the course. Directions and course map in previous posts, questions call me at 513-255-7275.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 8:18:45 PM

33 Labor hours logged this weekend out at Goshen, big thanks to Gary Beebe, Rob Glover, Gary Petigrew, and Tony!

Next week is a BIG weekend, we'll be out there Saturady,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday. We have the deforester going back threw to mow and munch the fairways on saturday. If we get the materials in, we'll be making our cuts on the frames and we have a tractor to pull the lumber out onto the course. We need as much muscle as possible this week. We've got some timbers to move out of the deforesters way that we'll be using to frame up greens....we need guys willing to shovel and help install the tee pad frames. We'll be swapping the deforester attachment out for a tooth bucket to clear the fair ways of all debris and dump the gravel out at the pads and build up a couple of tees...
If you've been meaning to come out and haven't, or haven't lately, this coming weekend and the following week are the time to do it...if you can come out let us know-

Drew-513-602-0637
Adam-513-255-7275
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 9:20:47 AM

Plus there are simple things anyone can do anytime of the week just call me or Drew for instructions.

Anyone with spare lumber like 4x4's 6x6's etc.. please contact me, we can definitely use them.
InnocentCrook
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:21:37 AM

I should be able to come out and help this Saturday, possibly even have an extra friend or two with me. Other than a nice pair of boots and gloves is there anything else I can bring? Shovels, spud bar, rake, hand tools, power tools, etc.? Is the spare lumber you're requesting for concrete forms or do you need treated stuff for permanent installations?

Between myself and a couple friends, I think we have something like 4 or 5 portable baskets. Will we have time to set them up and play a little after the work time?

Tim