Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2012 Ice Bowl Krazy Series Options
cubbies
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 3:41:36 PM

Right now there is Winter Storm warning. I only hope that there is less ice and more rain or snow. Hope for the best. See you all tomorrow.
902boland
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 4:07:21 PM

loooks like the main event will be done by sunrise...should be fun!
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 4:46:11 PM

Yes, I know the weather is looking a little dicey for tomorrow. I am going to play it by ear and see how it looks tomorrow morning. I will get on here as early as I can if I think it should be cancelled/rescheduled. I haven't ever cancelled or rescheduled one but I also am not going to risk my life or want others to if it's really bad out. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I would check this website in the am.
Troy
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 6:21:42 PM

discndat wrote:
Yes, I know the weather is looking a little dicey for tomorrow. I am going to play it by ear and see how it looks tomorrow morning. I will get on here as early as I can if I think it should be cancelled/rescheduled. I haven't ever cancelled or rescheduled one but I also am not going to risk my life or want others to if it's really bad out. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I would check this website in the am.

NO WIMPS, NO WHINERScry
Old Bassman
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 8:16:54 PM

discndat wrote:

Dan,
I am glad you want to watch the weather. There is no tourney that is worth anybody's life!  
Do what you need to do.

We know that many people don't check the forums often even before a tourney...     (Fishnet... and many others)
If it is cancelled we will need word of mouth to spread the news.

So call the peeps and spread the word!!!

But for the record (Harsh rules ahead):
(I have already broken rule 3 at Boone and maybe tomorrow too.)

From Icebowlgq.com
"What Is Ice Bowl?

The Ice Bowl is for all those disc golfers gutsy, crazy, desperate, or fun-loving enough to join together in an act of disc golf solidarity around the world. Regardless of the weather conditions, the idea is to have fun, raise funds and food for local food banks (or other kinds of charity), and dispel the gloom of winter. There are mandatory Ice Bowl Rules:

1.Under no circumstances, may an Ice Bowl be cancelled or postponed because of weather conditions.
2.No wimps or whiners are allowed.
3.There are no excuses for not attending. (Either be there or be a wimp!)'

discndat
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 9:44:04 PM

Old Bassman - thanks for sharing that. Yes, they do say that on the Icebowlhq.com site and that is the general mantra of the Ice Bowl, but they also share some other things with the TD and that is to put safety first and they talk about this specific thing. And yes, if we have to cancel, reschedule or change the time for tomorrow, people need to get on the horn and call others who may not know. I don't have everybody's numbers either. We will do the best we can. This is an unusual circumstance. Snow is one thing. Ice is quite another. STAY TUNED.
Old Bassman
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 9:54:36 PM

discndat wrote:
Old Bassman - thanks for sharing that. Yes, they do say that on the Icebowlhq.com site and that is the general mantra of the Ice Bowl, but they also share some other things with the TD and that is to put safety first and they talk about this specific thing. And yes, if we have to cancel, reschedule or change the time for tomorrow, people need to get on the horn and call others who may not know. I don't have everybody's numbers either. We will do the best we can. This is an unusual circumstance. Snow is one thing. Ice is quite another. STAY TUNED.

Yes, Dan. I did share the Ice Bowl rules, but please remember that I said this first>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Dan,
I am glad you want to watch the weather. There is no tourney that is worth anybody's life!
Do what you need to do.

We know that many people don't check the forums often even before a tourney... (Fishnet... and many others)
If it is cancelled we will need word of mouth to spread the news.

So call the peeps and spread the word!!!

But for the record (Harsh rules ahead):
(I have already broken rule 3 at Boone and maybe tomorrow too.)"
Old Bassman
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 10:02:42 PM

Safety first. Duh.
 Cancel tonight.
2Timer
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 11:41:25 PM

I live in Lebanon and people can't even get up the hill next to my place and it is very small. For my own safety I have decided not to go as much as I want to. Sadly it will be 50 on Sunday.
Madmike
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 12:24:07 AM

Im not gonna make the trip in!!!!! You know it takes alot for me not to show up.
902boland
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 5:52:17 AM

ummm....the "storm" is over. The roads are fine here in Anderson (near eastgate mall)
...shall I warm up the lefty arm? I think yes!!
Troy
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:04:17 AM

Postpone tee off for 1 or 2 hours or let's play tomorrow.
discndat
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:11:26 AM

annouce Start time has been rescheduled. Check in by 10;30 Tee at 11:00. Spread the word. Our roads here in Kenton Co. seem to be fairly good and I live way out in the country. Just be careful.cold
Troy
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:24:55 AM

discndat wrote:
annouce Start time has been rescheduled. Check in by 10;30 Tee at 11:00. Spread the word. Our roads here in Kenton Co. seem to be fairly good and I live way out in the country. Just be careful.cold

thumbsup shout jump cold laugh
gary costa
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:09:13 AM

Dave Cox is not coming!!!!! 
Old Bassman
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:40:16 AM

gary costa wrote:
Dave Cox is not coming!!!!! 

cry

But Gary is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                    

thumbsup
That guy
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 10:15:33 AM

Thanks Dan for putting on another awesome Icebowl!
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:24:48 AM

A true Ice Bowl-thanks for the fire as well as the good times!
newyorkmike
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 11:20:04 AM

where do i pre register for the 3rd ice bold on feb 4th at lincoln ridge?
discndat
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 12:37:34 PM

First off, thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday and made the Real Ice Bowl at Harbin. We had more people for this one than we had at Boone when it was 40 degrees. I appreciate everyone's help and the patience everyone had regarding the start of the tourney. Thanks to Troy and Tony for help with check-in and scoring - and any others that helped and I didn't see. Thanks to Ron, John and Don (just sounded good Donovan)  help with the fire. I will get results up as soon as I can but I've got a home emergency I have to take care of and may not get it today.
discndat
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 12:39:20 PM

newyorkmike - here's the link to sign up for Lincoln Ridge. Everything is all set. Just remember you need to use Explorer browser or you'll have issues.

Ice Bowl #3 at Lincoln Ridge

discndat
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:17:07 PM

Results for Ice Bowl #2 at Harbin are up. If there are any names that need correction on spelling let me know. Next Ice Bowl on 2/4/12 at Lincoln Ridge.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:02:39 PM

With 2 Ice Bowls in the books, the 2012 Ice Bowl Series Totals are up. I'll attach them here.

File Attachment(s):
2012 Ice Bowl Series Totals.xls (24kb) downloaded 19 time(s).

Troy
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:34:56 PM

discndat wrote:
newyorkmike - here's the link to sign up for Lincoln Ridge. Everything is all set. Just remember you need to use Explorer browser or you'll have issues.

Ice Bowl #3 at Lincoln Ridge

Why do you keep showing how bad I suck?help blush cry
robglover
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:07:33 PM

cry Troy, you were probably just sad that I wasn't there.