Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2010 Ace Race Day Glow and Mini Golf Options
discndat
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 12:19:38 PM

It's Baaaack! And Registration is open. Yes, we're all set for the Ace Race Day Glow and Mini Golf event again this year at Boone Woods on October 16, 2010. This has been one of the most fun events for a lot of people around this area for years, me included. You can see the flyer and sign up for either the Ace Race, Day Glow and Mini Golf or both at Ace Race Day Glow and Mini Golf Event  It's a full day and night of disc golf for you if you play in both. It is strongly suggested to sign up early.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 7:36:35 PM

Looking forward to it!! Always a full day of disc golf excitement.
shyamrox
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:48:45 AM

Is the event good for anyone of any skill level? I'm fairly new to disc golf, so I can't say I can throw very far (or accurate for that matter! :D ) but this sounds like a blast - I'd like to get some friends who don't play to come with me but I don't know what this event is like... are non-players/wives/kids welcome to participate?

Just looking to come and have some fun...

Thanks!
Shyam
GIES2525
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:28:52 PM

Im sure Dan can answer this a little better, but this is very beginner friendly! You dont have to have any Distance to go after these aces, and you get a round of night golf which is always my favorite. Great tournament for new players, and very laid back atmosphere.
T_Vincent
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:31:33 PM

It is a great event for any skill level. During the day/glow it is set up as doubles, we try to have a better player matched with a new player.
If you enjoy the sport, it is one of the events that is hard to skip.
shyamrox
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:35:21 PM

If I play, I think I might only do the ace race (As much fun as the day/glow sounds, I don't think the wife would like me spending all day out there! :) ) Thanks for the info guys, I may fire out an email to some friends to see if they are willing to come out and embarass themselves with me :D
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:37:33 PM

Thanks for answering the questions guys. Yes, it is definitely for everyone, no matter the skill level. This whole day is designed for the fun of disc golf, not for the competition. We are all winners this day. I have also e-mailed Shyam about the events.
nienaber
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:55:50 PM

can't wait, this is probably the most fun you will have playing disc golf. this is a great event to bring beginners to
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:51:46 PM

Yes, I have the most fun at this event. I love it and I'm the one running it. That's always nice.

Here's the link to Current Registration List

Please try to sign up as early as you can. We have to order the Ace Race packages and the Day Glow discs ahead of time to ensure enough for everyone. If you would like an Ace Race Pack and/or Day Glow Pack and can't make it to the event, you can still purchase one or both and we can set them aside for you. Actually, you can purchase more than one if you like. It's really a good deal whether or not you play in the event. Playing just gives you the most fun!
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:56:59 PM

Here's the disc for the Day Glow part of the event. Once again the disc design was by Alicia Eades. She's getting a pretty good portfolio going with these now! Thanks Alicia. 

discndat
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2010 12:57:49 PM

Update: Here's the link to Current Registration List
discndat
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2010 2:41:52 PM

We are in need of some mini baskets for the mini golf part of our event. Please post here if you have one you can bring or let us use. Thanks!
Phil Miller
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2010 10:53:22 AM

I told Jeff I have 2 I can bring. I'm not sure if you guys have counted those, but I'll bring them.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:14:26 AM

Just an update on the Ace Race Day Glow Event - Signup early for the Day Glow by Saturday 10/9 to save $5 - after that day it is $30 to enter the Day Glow. Ace Race is $25 now and day of the event.  

Lots of entries coming in now as everybody's getting ready for the big day. Let us know if you have a mini basket we can use that day. We'd like to set up as many holes as possible for the mini golf.

Here's the current reg list Spread the word for this fun event!
drx49er
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:46:23 PM

Looking forward to my first Ace Race!
Phil Miller
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 9:37:24 AM

This is Saturday. Do yourself and Dan a favor and pre-register.
discndat
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 2:09:46 PM

Hmmm, I was sure I posted here already and now don't know where it is, so here I go again. Thanks Phil - yes, it helps us all to pre-register. We have about 45 Ace Race and 45 Day Glow participants right now. Some in one, some in the other and some in both. So Come on Feel the Noise and get registered. Going to be a great day and night for disc golf. Here's the current Pre-Reg List
cubbies
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:16:14 PM

I'll bring my mini basket Dan!
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:56:05 AM

Thanks Gary, and yes, if anyone else has a mini basket we can use on Saturday please bring it. The more holes we can set up for mini golf the better. This is a blast to play.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:03:00 PM

Still getting plenty of signups for both. Should have a really fine turnout. Great weather too. Got the discs in for the Day Glow and they look sweet. Z Nukes, Z Glides, Z Stalkers and ESP Buzzz.
topherb
Posted: Friday, October 15, 2010 8:09:28 PM

can't wait!!!
Liz
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 4:35:40 PM

I think I left my headlamp in the shelter after the last round.  If anyone found it and has the heart to return it, please PM me, thanks! bow
Phil Miller
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 5:49:14 AM

Big thanks to Tony Vincent for taking the pictures. 

Big thanks to Dan for putting on another great event. 

L_Stephens
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 5:39:28 PM

Agreed....BIG thanks to Dan for another wonderful day in the park.

The ACE Race was great as always. However, This year I REALLY enjoyed the disc. I think it will find a place in my bag for tournament play especially on windy days. I didn't get an ace in the ACE Race but I hit chastity belt and every chain on the left side for a spit out...so two metals for me. I watched Kelly Maupin once again hit an ace and metal and Ed Nienaber pound one home. Out of 9 of us on the card I think all of us hit metal atleast once. That shows a sign of a good disc over a wide range of skill sets and forms.

The Day Glo rocked. I drew the Ace of Hearts and you know that is always a good thing. Kendra and I were teamed up and we played well together. Always nice to play around with Kendra AND we played with Hank and Gary on our card so it was even better. I missed some 15 footers...3 to be exact...but WHO DIDN'T? We pounded in some 40, 50, and 60 footers and one in the dark that I have no idea on the distance of. Between rounds we noticed we were in good shape for cashing and we ate GOOD. Thanks Jugger and Fishnet for getting my pork chop sandwich just the way I like em. Round 2 started and I think everyone suffered the same fate...we were stiff from sitting around waiting on the dark and ate too much and we all felt like we were in slow motion the first few holes. Kendra and I weren't getting the drives and putts like we were the first round but along comes the C hole and my night blindness parted when the tennis courts were lighting up the basket like a sign from the Heavens. I asked Kendra if she could just simply park it within 10 feet and I was going to go for the Ace. She did...I did and SPLASH!! there goes the chains. That was worth two deuces and put us back on track. We shot a solid -10 & -10 and so did our card mates. A -20 on the night along with the other....seems like 6 cards that shot the same.

Nothing like sitting in Gold Star...eating some dogs...grabbing our prizes and then counting the Ace Fund out. Two aces that night...both on C hole...THANKS JEFF EADES for shortening that hole :) Mr. Stephens and Mr. Fair owe you..like a coffee or something.

Again...good times....good food...and great people.

If any of you missed this great day of disc golf....no need to worry about waiting an entire year...Dan will be putting on some Ice Bowls soon enough and it is the same great people having a great time.....and raising money for a great cause.

THANKS DAN!
discndat
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 6:01:37 PM

Thanks everybody for coming out and making it such a fun day. What great weather we had says Poppa Bear! I'll have an article up tomorrow. I'm struggling with a few names and stuff right now.