Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2013 CCS Options
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:28:58 PM

Thanks to everyone who puts on CCS events. You all do not get enough credit for your work
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:47:38 PM

Adam, is there any chance the club could let Disc n Dat, The Nati and Sweet Tee's vend for the club next year. It would eliminate the need for a club vendor and the club would still make their money for running the ccs's. The players would get a better selection to choose from and won't get stuck with something they don't need. It would also help to keep the club in harmony with the vendors instead of competing with us. And it would help us out so that we could keep donating to the club's events.
Dan, any input on this?
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:11:45 PM

Club prices are about 2-3$ cheaper than retail though right?
discndat
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2013 4:45:05 PM

I'd be ok with working something out with the club if that's what they want. I'm ok either way. I have always and will continue to suppor the club in any way I can. They do a lot for the sport in our area.
Zepledelin
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:43:50 AM

Hey brutalbrutus. Pm your number I lost it my pm's are gone. If you are playing today would like to join you guys. Don't know why but I can't pm on my phone.
Zepledelin
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:48:04 AM

Sorry about the double post I can only do quick reply can't edit or delete or pm. I'm on an android so I don't know what the h .
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 9:19:26 AM

As some of you may know, the GCFDA officers have been discussing the idea of allowing the 3 local vendors to be able to vend our CCS events. This is a subject that has been on the table for a few years. There are valid points on both sides of the coin. After a great deal of working on this the GCFDA's officers are unanimous in our current position. We all feel that at this time it is not in the best interest of the Club to allow others to vend our events. This would cut our funding a great deal and would directly effect how much the Club can do for our community. Since this Club was organized, the DG community now has 30+ courses in our area to enjoy, majority of those courses are a direct result of Club involvment or funding. Sure we only carry some of the better or more sought after discs from the top 2 DG companies, but that may change in the future and we have been adding more merchandise options for the players(bags,towels,hats,shirts,etc.). Winners recieve a voucher to be used when they want and choose what they like, we don`t force them to take what they don`t want. Only exception to this is the Flying Pig Open, for this event we have always had pre bagged payout for the Ams which is how almost all tournaments where run and most still do.

I personally feel that the local vendors (all of whom are club members) could be a bit more supportive of the Club, or in other words, I would like to see them be as supportive as possible. We all have been doing our best to work with each other. I am hoping to increase the club funding to allow us to spend more on projects for our courses. We have so many good courses and there are hundreds of things we can be doing to keep them that way and improve on what is there. Let's see what we all can do as a team, working together for a great 2014 season.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 9:45:20 AM

the only real complaint that I have or have heard from people is the selection available is there a way that you guys could sell the leftovers online? that might let the inventory have a little more turnover though that might affect your efforts to get non-profit status
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:37:23 PM

Adam I have an idea that I believe could very much help this situation and requires very little effort that I myself would offer to the club. I am sending you a PM.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 11:29:28 AM

AdamJ wrote:
As some of you may know, the GCFDA officers have been discussing the idea of allowing the 3 local vendors to be able to vend our CCS events. This is a subject that has been on the table for a few years. There are valid points on both sides of the coin. After a great deal of working on this the GCFDA's officers are unanimous in our current position. We all feel that at this time it is not in the best interest of the Club to allow others to vend our events.

Shouldn' t this be put up for a vote for the club members?  Proposal, discussion, vote.  Isn't that the way it works?

Here's the proposal:  This is for CCS only.
1. Club takes their percentage right off the top, be it 10 percent or what ever they need to make something for their efforts.
2. TD hands out vouchers to winners of who ever is vending event.
3.  Winners can cash in their voucher at the vendors place of business.

Advantages of this proposal:
1. Club doesn't have to keep up with the latest and greatest disc that just came out.  It's almost impossible for us to do that!
2. Vendors purchase inventory from club.
3. Vendors and club are working together.
4. Club makes money with little effort.
5. Club doesn't have to order, unpack, load and unload discs, towels etc at every event.
6. Club can possibly get more sponsorship from vendors for their events. Because we're working together.

If anyone can think of a disadvantage please post here.

Adam,  if you want to work together for more support for the club, this would be a great place to start.

T_Vincent
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:02:56 PM

As vendor of the GCFDA, Fred’s proposal would affect me the most. These are my thoughts on this proposal.

Shouldn' t this be put up for a vote for the club members? Proposal, discussion, vote. Isn't that the way it works?
Yes, this is true. If more than the four officers were to be at the meetings more often, then we could have a discussion. I know that many people have other things to do, and I do not expect them to show.

A while ago you had brought this up to me and I thought about it, hard. A plan was started and the officers had a meeting with Jason, Kindra & Dan. A dialog was started, yet we did not get any further on the plan. Now I will go over your plan a bit, ask some questions, reply to a few statements then present what my idea was.

Here's the proposal: This is for CCS only.
1. Club takes their percentage right off the top, be it 10 percent or what ever they need to make something for their efforts.
2. TD hands out vouchers to winners of who ever is vending event.
3. Winners can cash in their voucher at the vendors place of business.

Were you thinking of having each vendor physically be at three events each? Then you would have to agree on how we split up the nine locations. Each vendor would have to have a physical presence with discs at those events to give out discs to the ones who like to get the merchandise and go home. The vendors will run into the same selection issues I do now. Or were you going to just have us give them a voucher that they could use at any vendor? We would still need someone there for those who like to get there stuff and go.

Advantages of this proposal:
1. Club doesn't have to keep up with the latest and greatest disc that just came out. It's almost impossible for us to do that!
We do not try to get them all, we stay with the big two and get one or two of the new ones a year. I know that I have never pretended to be a one-stop shop for DG. If people are looking for something else, we let them know where to get it.

2. Vendors purchase inventory from club.
3. Vendors and club are working together.
4. Club makes money with little effort.
5. Club doesn't have to order, unpack, load and unload discs, towels etc at every event.
While I do have to load and unload my car before and after each event, at the course, there is always someone that volunteers to help me out, and it does not seem to by a big hassle. By now, I have it down to a science to load the car in a short period of time.

6. Club can possibly get more sponsorship from vendors for their events. Because we're working together.

The basic idea that I had is not fully formed, and the details are not there. For those reading this, think about the idea and if you can, please come the the next meeting Dec. 2nd at O’Brian’s so we can discuss it, or PM me so that the forum does not fill up with this, and I can bring it up.

My idea would not get rid of a club vendor, it would get the vendors more involved with the CCS players. Many people hold onto the vouchers until we get something they want. I have had many people turn in over $100 worth of vouchers at once. If players did not find something that they liked, they could under the new plan, go to one of the three vendors and redeem them for a reduced value, maybe 50% of the original amount. The vendor would turn those into us and we would pay them back at a rate that has been agreed upon. The incentive would be there to still use them with the club vendor, but if players wanted, they could use them elsewhere for items we do not have.

I know this was a lot to read. I had been thinking about this for a while, since before Fred put up the earlier post. Thanks for reading, and I hope to see people on the 2nd of December, or at least on January 1st at Winton Woods.

Tony Vincent
GCFDA Vendor