Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Embshoff Woods Options
flip1981
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2013 7:43:39 PM

Hello, I am new to the forums, I have however been playing disc golf in the area several years now. I recently tried out the closest course to my home (I know weird) Embshoff Woods. I really enoyed this 9 hole compared to others I have played around town. The only real issue I noticed in this course is the baskets are shot! I was wondering if anyone on here would know how to go about getting sponsorship or some kind of funding for new baskets at this course. I would love to put some work and time of my own into this course, just not quite sure how I should get started in trying to restore this very fun course. Thanks in advance.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:02:08 AM

I believe embshoff is part of the Hamilton county park district so your best bet would be to contact them
T-dub
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 1:53:44 AM

Just played this one for the first time last weekend. Thought it was a fun course, too. I played it as a Par 3 since most of the holes are relatively short. Even if they don't update the baskets it'd be cool if they put them at the standard height. The asphalt tees are also in bad shape, lots of cracks and some of them aren't even close to level. I don't know if it ever gets crowded but the fairways are so bunched together I could see it being difficult to make safe drives if there was anyone else on the course. I had it to myself on an early Monday afternoon.
T_Vincent
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2013 11:02:00 PM

It will be tough to get this course updated or fixed, because it is part of the Hamilton County park district. Others have tried, and not much have happened. I also live very close to this park, and I love going there to practice since it have a great variety of shots. I would love to get it better.