Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Osage Grove DGC in Goshen, Ohio Options
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:58:41 PM

Zeus was an angry fella today and apparently he doesn't like this course cuz he put a hurting on it today several trees down including one that looked like it might have broken the 16 tee box if anyone is planning on playing there tomorrow do the guys a favor and pick up as many sticks as you can cuz they are gonna have there hands full getting the course back in good shape
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:29:25 AM

We will be out there this Saturday cleaning up from the storm. Anyone not playing somewhere, we could use the help.
Thanks guys for letting us know. I hope the other courses around town fared better.
GaryBB
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:03:49 AM

What time Saturday? I can come out with my chainsaw and help.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 7:33:51 AM

I may not be there till 9am. but feel free to start without me...thumbsup
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 10:59:01 AM

I probly wont be able to make it but you guys be careful looks like another set of storms(not severe) are coming through tomorrow there were quite a few branches hanging in trees so keep your eyes on the sky
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 8:17:43 AM

Despite the rain, I am headed out to the course. Thanks to everyone that has helped out.

Roc vs Buzzz tomorrow at Mt.Airy, weather looks great. hope to see everyone there.
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:33:39 AM

We will be out there today so if your not playing in the Angry Sun Open or headed to the Pro Worlds, come on out and give us a hand getting the course ready for the next CCS on August 10th.

If you are on the list for hole sponsors we are collecting those and the faster we get the funds in the faster we can finish the course. Funds just barely cover the cost of materials for each tee area. Have only received a few so far and there are plenty of tees available still that have not been spoken for. I will update the list and re-post it later today, but it can be found earlier in this thread.
robglover
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2013 10:19:09 AM

Got to play a couple of rounds at Osage Grove yesterday. The course is looking great--thank you to all who keep making it better! Thanks to the recent storm, we now have 5 nice oak "chairs" on #16. Can't wait till the CCS next week!
brutalbrutus
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2013 10:34:37 AM

nice I meant to ask adam if they could cut some drums off that big tree and spread them around the course but I forgot
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 8:05:35 AM

I recently updated our courses data and the DGCR site data so that all the hole distances are now up to date and accurate. These distances are by Survey equipment(Big thanks to Paul Denu) and are accurate to the inch. In case you are wondering what the Par is, it depends on whether holes 11 and 16 are in the short or long pin locations, if in the short = 54, longs = 56. Almost all the tees are "Blue" except for two(5,11) are "Gold" tees. Next stage of tee installs will be "White" or short tees.

We are still working out the details for the signs and sponsorship form. If anyone does not need to see an example and is ready to send in a check, please do. Until we recoup the costs of what we have so far, and start collecting for the next phase, we will be at a stand still. All progress is dependent on raising funds through sponsors and other donations. Thanks again for all the help and support. See you all this Saturday for the CCS.
robglover
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 9:37:06 PM

AdamJ wrote:
I recently updated our courses data and the DGCR site data so that all the hole distances are now up to date and accurate. These distances are by Survey equipment(Big thanks to Paul Denu) and are accurate to the inch. In case you are wondering what the Par is, it depends on whether holes 11 and 16 are in the short or long pin locations, if in the short = 54, longs = 56. Almost all the tees are "Blue" except for two(5,11) are "Gold" tees. Next stage of tee installs will be "White" or short tees. We are still working out the details for the signs and sponsorship form. If anyone does not need to see an example and is ready to send in a check, please do. Until we recoup the costs of what we have so far, and start collecting for the next phase, we will be at a stand still. All progress is dependent on raising funds through sponsors and other donations. Thanks again for all the help and support. See you all this Saturday for the CCS.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5884
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2013 7:58:47 AM

yo if anybody heads out there early today let us know if any trees came down last night and if gary curt adam or drew head out today and need help clearing any fallen trees let me now I can help for a couple hours I got no tools but I can carry
discwarrior
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 7:52:09 AM

I have a suggestion for the long hole 16 some reference posts along the bean field in order to make locating errant throws easier to find and for the sake of that farmers beans
sisyphus
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:46:06 PM

Awesome sign prototype (see "Course Projects") !! Hey Adam, I'm getting a crazy notion to sponsor a tee... any idea when the proposed ones will be marked to take a gander at them? I've got a feeling I know where hole 1 goes, but if you've got a way to mark them, I'd love to see the shorties, and of course would continue to pick up sticks & help clear debris from the intended fairways!
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:28:18 PM

hey jeff if while out there have you ever noticed little PVC pipes with orange flags sticking up out of them those are the spots marked for long and short tees and ive noticed one on no4 on the hill above the basket that is either a basket spot or marking a stump there is short tee one looking down the tunnel on no 11 which would make a nice little turnover drive and a long one marked on no7 back and to the right of the short tee as well as the one marking the long tee on no16 that we played at the ccs and im sure there are a couple more that im forgetting
surgediscgolf
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:49:55 PM

Hey Adam, I'm still good for the two holes I requested. I still need to get you guys the money, but no problem there.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:21:20 AM

Thanks to Sam Antoline for coming out yesterday and helping with the Tee sign post installs, could not have done it without his truck.
We where able to put up a sheet of plywood for the message board (temporary till full board is built) and haul all the other materials and tools we needed to install the posts, all 18 tees now have a sign post. Temp signage will be up soon until we have all the tees sponsored and paid for and as Kevin Hurst`s sign designs are finalized.

@Jeff, I don`t have a map showing the short tees, but I can work on one to show you or next time we are out there together we can walk the course. We have been marking the alternates with pvc pipe where mowing is not a issue. Pipes can only be found on holes 1 short,2 short,16 long. We have set plans for ones on holes 3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,13,14,17,18 but marking them adds an obstacle for mowing. Basically all the current tees are Blue tees with the exceptions of holes 7(white), 10(white), 11(Gold), 14(white), 17(white).

@Paul, We have only had two people send us checks so far, and Drew handed those to the Parks last week. You can send them Andrew anytime your ready.

@Everyone, We can only continue with the course progression when sponsors send in the money, so until we get more funds raised we cannot afford to keep going. That is adding the alternate tees, sings and pin locations. Other course work such as clearing and maintenance is just due to volunteer labor.
SamA
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2013 9:19:50 AM

Adam & Drew,

Great time working with you yesterday.

Glad to help you work on such a great course!
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2013 6:01:19 PM

Thanks Sam! Also big thanks to Kevin Hurst who is currently working on the tee sign artwork. I will be reaching out to sponsors to provide a copy of the tax exemption status for tax filing purposes, coordinate artwork, and collection of funds. Remember, all funds must be payable to Goshen Parks District. I may not have all of the current sponsors contact information so if you have signed up for sponsorship it would be greatly appreciated if you contact me for the sake of convenience at 513-602-0637. Installation of all tee pads and pin locations are solely dependent upon these sponsorships. We will be running a series of XC tier events in the future to continue raising funds for additional course investments such as box steps, bridges, stair cases, and drain tile in the future.
robglover
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:01:19 PM

Hey Adam, let me know if you want to use the Osage Grove logo I have on the course signs.
Madmike
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2013 7:50:26 AM

Will be playing around 10 am if your not in the Flying Pig come out and play before the Bengals game..
mikejenkins1
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 10:07:53 PM

So we have been playing for years and would love to play here. Is the course easy to figure out once you get there? Any watch outs on the course?
patrickmorgan12
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 10:14:49 PM

mikejenkins1. the course is not hard to follow. the course was designed very well. i have not met adam who i believe designed it but hole 11 is the longest walk. most of the course is very simple to walk through. this course is very demanding and requires complete accuracy. i play everything as a par 3 and the best i have ever done is +1. i have only talked to a very few people to shoot below par. if they are i would say that they are pro or extremely advanced amatures. my major problem with osage is that the fairways still have a ton of trees in them. i understand the difficulty stand point but even with an amazing drive off the pad can still result in hitting a tree. i hope you go visit the course and have fun.
sisyphus
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:05:44 PM

wonderful map on dgcr.com!
Jay Dub
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2013 7:56:44 AM

I played there yesterday. I want to point out how nice the grass on 18s fairway looks. I'll be surprised if that happened accidentally. It looks like someone seeded the whole fairway. Nice green grass with no weeds in sight.