Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Questions and Issues about Leagues Options
robglover
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:45:18 PM

If you would like a wallet-sized laminated card containing the Summer League schedule, parings, phone #'s, and the CCS schedule, let me know and I'll make you one. Cost $2. I'll have some at Idlewild.
amatz
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2011 12:36:51 AM

Is there a fall league going on now?  If so, I would like to know the dates, places & times in order to get in 3 rounds in order to establish an average for next year's leagues.
robglover
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2011 10:35:56 AM

amatz wrote:
Is there a fall league going on now?  If so, I would like to know the dates, places & times in order to get in 3 rounds in order to establish an average for next year's leagues.

We have 4 more scheduled for Fall Leagues
The contact person is Andrew Miller 513-602-0637
This Sunday 11/6/11 is week 5, we are in Pickerington

week 5 Pickerington in Pickerington, OH
This week we are meeting in the parking lot next to Mike’s Car Wash on Field’s Ertel at 8A.M. to get up to Pickerington for a 10A.M. tee off.

week 6 Great Seal, Chilacothe, OH
Meet at Target's parking lot at Milford Parkway (off of 275 by theater) at 8:00A.M.

week 7 A.J. Jolly, Alexandria, KY
Drive yourself, tee off at 10A.M.

week 8 Rhiney B, Nicholsville, KY
Meet in back parking lot at Barnes In Nobles in Kenwood at 8A.M. for car pool.
DWright
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 10:24:38 PM

The spring league signup deadline is Wednesday 3/14/12. The meeting will be the following Saturday (3/17/12) at 10 AM at Idlewild. We could meet around hole #1, or the shelter right before it. We'll play draw doubles for those interested after the meeting. Please sign up by the deadline so I can calculate the averages by the meeting date or round up another player if need be.

David
sisyphus
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:10:28 PM

Let me be the first...any thoughts on PDGA sanctioning for the leagues (see Fred Salaz' thread in the Ace Race forum)? Also, being new, do the winter tournaments count in calculating averages, or only league play? I've done five of the former, but none of the latter. Thanks Dave! --Jeff A.
Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:30:11 PM

sisyphus wrote:
Let me be the first...any thoughts on PDGA sanctioning for the leagues (see Fred Salaz' thread in the Ace Race forum)? Also, being new, do the winter tournaments count in calculating averages, or only league play? I've done five of the former, but none of the latter. Thanks Dave! --Jeff A.

Jeff Our first meeting is at 10am at Idlewild on Saturday the 17th. You're welcome to attend and bring up the PDGA sanctioning for discussion. The winter tournaments do not count toward getting your average. You still need to qualify.

Our league director is  DWright contact him if you are interested in leagues or just show up on the 17th. 
DWright
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2012 10:04:42 PM

The GCFDA disc golf summer league sign up deadline is Saturday June 2, 2012.

Let me know by then if you want to play so I can have your average calculated by the meeting date the following Wednesday (6/6/12). The meeting will coincide w/the spring party. I'll follow up w/an email letting everyone know where the meeting will be.

David
travelling_man
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2012 9:03:25 PM

I would love to play in this league if it's PDGA sanctioned.
Phil Miller
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:05:30 PM

The GCFDA Spring League sign up deadline is Wed March 16th. If you are interested in playing leagues shoot me a PM.
robglover
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:29:15 PM

I'm looking forward to it.
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:02:40 AM

The GCFDA Summer League signup deadline is this WED May 29th at 4pm. If you would like to play Summer leagues or are interested in information shoot me a Private Message.
Phil Miller
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 7:40:20 PM

Spring League Signup Deadline is Saturday March 15th. We will be meeting at the shelter by hole 3 at Idlewild at 12pm to pick teams and course schedule.

This is a handicapped league. If you've never played leagues before we will need to have an average for you so we can get a handicap.

If you have played in at least 3 course challenge events I should be able to get an average for you without the need to qualify.

If you're new to the sport and haven't competed before then you would need to show up for at least 3 spring league nights to qualify for Summer.

It is free to Qualify and all are welcome to attend.

PM me with any questions or if you would like to be included.

Thanks,

Phil Miller
GCFDA League Director
sisyphus
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 9:15:26 PM

As a newer member of leagues (two years), I want to encourage tons of new folks to try this out. I was worried when I first tried that I wouldn't fit in. But it's a great group, playing a wide variety of courses in town, and a great experience. We are paired by A/B random draw, so if you're concerned about your skill level, the pairing and the handicaps make it all work out great & fairly competitive. It's a great way to unwind after work mid-week. C'mon out!
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:28:22 AM

how much does it cost to play?
sisyphus
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:49:00 AM

Here's the tough part: club members pay in a whole $12 for 10-14 weeks of enjoyment, with some merch payout to the top teams at the end. ;)

http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/Events/LeagueEvents.aspx
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:09:04 AM

Jeff is right. Leagues are a good mid-week way to play a competitive round in a casual atmosphere. When I first started playing I didn't know a whole lot of people that played and leagues were a great way to get acquainted with other people in the sport. From there it was easier to show up at Course Challenges because a lot of the same guys play that series as well.  It's nice to show up where people know you and youI don't feel like so much of an outsider.
Dawgii
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:34:46 PM

I am interested in joining the league this year. Can I sign up on the 15th at Idlewild?
sisyphus
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:52:10 PM

^^^ Y'all don't want Ben in league do ya? ;)

Yep, they'll pair up players, decide the sequence of courses & then play some Idlewild, all starting at noon on the 15th. I'm guessing leagues will then start at Winton Woods (to finish before dark) on the 19th.
Dawgii
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:30:46 AM

Danke
alex.e
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:53:02 PM

To start, please do not misunderstand this post. I am not trying to change/challenge/critique the current league that is in place. I understand its purpose, I have played qualifying rounds with the league and it is a great atmosphere. The group of guys in the league is a great group of guys and are a pleasure to play a round with. That being said, is there, or has there been, any interest in a forming a pdga sanctioned league? Of course it would have to be on a different night so that it doesn't impose on the current league. I am just throwing it out there because I know it is something that would be of interest to me. Sorry for jacking the thread
T_Vincent
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:20:11 PM

Yes there is interest. One of our members is thinking of running one this season. The details are not done yet, but it is in the works.
Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:17:40 PM

alex.e wrote:
To start, please do not misunderstand this post. I am not trying to change/challenge/critique the current league that is in place. I understand its purpose, I have played qualifying rounds with the league and it is a great atmosphere. The group of guys in the league is a great group of guys and are a pleasure to play a round with. That being said, is there, or has there been, any interest in a forming a pdga sanctioned league? Of course it would have to be on a different night so that it doesn't impose on the current league. I am just throwing it out there because I know it is something that would be of interest to me. Sorry for jacking the thread

I think a sanctioned league would be a good idea. However I don't believe this league will ever go that far. 

When this league was created I think it's first intention was to get new players into a competitive league without pressure. It teaches newer players the rules of the game and pairs them with a more experienced player to learn from. I think sanctioning them would kind of defeat this purpose. 
Dawgii
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:25:00 PM

Good point Phil, but I can see room for both.
sisyphus
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:28:27 PM

Agreed! Since I've heard sanctioned leagues work best if you repeat at a course, I think it would be really good to feature the big four (Idlewild, Mt. Airy, Lincoln Ridge & Osage Grove) for something like this. Maybe call it the "League of Extraordinary Courses". Maybe not getting beaten up by them EVERY week, but rotate, like every other Tuesday or something. Could get to each of them twice in eight weeks or three times in 12... I'd be in for something like that, and still do Wednesdays!
T_Vincent
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:58:18 PM

From what I understand, a sanctioned league is at one course for about ten weeks. It is handicapped, but not a team league. Like Phil said, the Wed. night league will most likely not go that far, it is not the purpose. I do feel that this area with the number of great courses and players could support a few different leagues, both traveling and stay at one course.