Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Mt. Airy Options
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:38:19 AM

Need help selling the CFR disc's for Mt.Airy's new signs, if you haven't purchased one yet we have some at the course in the pro shop, just ask Fred and the guys. When these are all sold we will be able to get new signs for the course. I am working with someone to have new temp ones made soon to help navigate the course while we still continue with the renovations. Once those are completed the final high quality signs will be made. Projects still in the works: 7 more sleeve instals, alternate tee pad locations, rebuilding a few tees, possible redesigning of holes 12 and 13 (awaiting approval from parks still) to go through the woods, this is due to safety issues with 13's tee area and shots from hole 7 hitting players.

As always please help out while you play and toss any fallen limbs and debris from the fairways and pick up any trash left by others. Thanks...
alex.e
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:19:57 PM

How much do the discs go for? I'd be interested in buying one.
Old Bassman
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:22:44 PM

They are $25.00 dollars cash and the money goes straight to the Tee signs. Thanx. I can see mine from where i sit at my computer.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 7:03:13 AM

Saturday October 13th I need some help with running a small DG booth and basket setup for this years Mt.Airy Forest Fall Festival from 11-5. I have been asked by the Parks to have a basket or two setup for the kids and others to play and learn the sport. Great opportunity to spread and grow our sport.

Location is Oak Ridge Lodge, I will be getting the club stuff from Tony this week and I still need 2 Nice portable baskets and some help running the demo.
Anyone free even if for an hour or so???

AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:10:45 AM

So far its just me, I need some help guys.....
sisyphus
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:13:38 AM

Hey Adam, I've got a Mach Lite basket, and can come before 11. Just need a little advice on how to advise (is a year's experience enough to help you out?) --Jeff A.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:25:46 AM

I will be there between 10 and 6 and I could use any help I can get. Bring the basket anyway but I am hoping to have a few standard ones.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 8:52:56 AM

They are expecting over 1,500 guests so I can use all the help I can get. Bring any old plastic for the kids to throw or keep. I have several games with prizes planned, Long drive demo, putting challenges and more. I in fact will be up there by 9/9:30 setting up. holla at me if you can help.

Oak ridge lodge is located left of the Tree house, from colerain entrance, go left, sign for Oak ridge to turn left. at the end is the lodge, we will be stationed behind the lodge. they will direct you where to park, mention who you are with, GCFDA.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 12:25:19 PM

If anyone is interested in sponsoring a Tee sign at Mt Airy please let us know or stop by the Nati pro shop asap. We are working on getting them in by the end of January. Each hole is only $100.00 so get with your buddies and sponsor one. This would be a great way to contribute(and get your name out there) if you can't help out with course work.
Thanks
InnocentCrook
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:47:30 PM

Which holes are available for sponsoring?
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2013 6:52:37 AM

Fred, I will call you later today to discuss this and hopefully we can work together on this. I know this is taking a lot longer than it should be.
There are plans in the works for new signs(nice but temporary) to accurately account for the new renovations. We also are still not finished with adding several pin locations and possible addition of alternate tees and maybe moving a couple but those are still awaiting final approval from the Parks. Once all the renovations are finished we will then get new top of the line signs for the entire course. the Club is covering all the costs with the Parks handling some of it(already have new posts ready). I had truly hoped to have all this approved and done last year so that we could save money and do the signs once but we are going to have to get something out there now and then hope to have the renovations done this year and then have the larger final signs done later. We do not have any approval for taking sponsorships yet and the Park Foundation must approve any signs and they actually set the dollar amount based on info we give them, not us. We must always follow park rules and regulations even if we don`t agree with them.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:27:02 PM

Adam, I am corresponding with the parks as we type. Waiting another year per your last post will be unacceptable(that would make it 5 years to get tee signs in mt airy). Tee sign posts are in good condition and do not need to be replaced except the ones that are missing of course. Paint would make them look good as new. Renovations can be done after the signs are in. I have already drawn up rough drafts for all the holes and working with Boone County to get the signs made once all have been sponsored. I would like to see what you have and if you have any sponsors for the tee signs. You can stop by the shop if you like. I may or may not be there. My mother in law passed away yesterday.

You can check out the "Pin Location" signs we made at the nati facebook page.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2013 7:31:27 AM

Truly sorry to hear of your mother in law`s passing, please send my condolences to your wife and family.
I am unsure of your 5 year reference since the new baskets and sleeves where installed in May of 2011. Of course I want these in as soon as possible but many other factors in dong it right have stalled the project, for that I am sorry.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 4:19:27 PM

If anyone is remotely interested in sponsoring a tee sign let me know asap. You can pay later if you don't have the funds now. Tee signs should be done and in by the end of this month. Sponsor or no sponsor.
dettmerb
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 6:29:34 PM

Fred, I am interested. Bryan Dettmer. I will try to make it to Airy to discuss Sunday or Monday.
gary costa
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:55:31 PM

LOL
Fred Salaz
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 4:56:11 PM

Adam, I am waiting on approval of tee signs and tee sign sponsors from Larry and Steve Schuckman from Cincinnati Parks. I have asked for and been approved to do course work at Mt Airy from the Cincinnati Parks dept. I have also been asked to keep the club informed of any work done at Mt Airy.

Since we are at Mt Airy 7 days a week, it doesn't make sense to have a part time course pro there. This will free you up to go crazy at Goshen. Good luck.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 6:51:08 PM

Mt airy needs work. I just hope somebody can get it done and let this course reach its potential.
Old Bassman
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:49:58 PM

NatiBuckeye wrote:
Mt airy needs work. I just hope somebody can get it done and let this course reach its potential.

Help is needed.
More work will get done on all the courses if there are more volunteers,
I have done a fair (small) amount of work in the past and have been slacking for some time now. I am guilty....

Thsi is not a post about anything other than that if more people get involved, more will get done.

Please get involved if you want more courses and you want improvements to be made to the courses we have.
At the least, Pick up trash, Clean up storm damage and branches in the fairway.
But if you care enough to do more: Volunteer.
If you care enough to complain, then use your enegry to help and keep it positive.

Info can be found here under "Course Volunteer Work" in the Forums. If you cannot find the info contact the GCFDA or any Pro Shop or me (Old Bassman aka Shawn H Marsh).

You will see me out there soon.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:38:25 AM

Good news: Tee signs have been approved for Mt Airy by the park dept. Bad news: sponsorship is only for one year(working on making it 2 years). If you have already committed to sponsoring a tee sign we can let you have 2 for the price of 1 or you can call me at 859 630 4142 or stop at the Nati pro shop and I will discuss other options with you. Rough drafts are at the artist and should be done in a week. Sooo, if you have any interest at all in having your name on a tee sign at one of the finest courses in the country, contact me asap. You can pay later.

Any pros out there(besides Gary) that want to help out?
mcmath19
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:42:44 PM

Fred,
What are the prices again for sponsorship?? Interested, but might need to split it with someone.

Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:48:21 AM

Ryan, $100.00. Please pay with check to Cincinnati Parks Foundation. They will be handling all the money. Is the club going to sponsor a hole or 2?
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 7:59:30 AM

The GCFDA is now working with Fred on the signs and we are hoping to help cover costs needed. I removed my earlier post to not scare off anyone willing to sponsor holes at Airy and keep this going in a positive way. All those interested in donating contact Fred for details. I am also working on planning organized work days and projects at Airy and hope to have that info ready soon, will be meeting with the Parks next week to finalize our plans and get approvals to move forward.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:34:21 PM

I'm excited to announce the GCFDA is offering a matching grant on hole sponsorships, the Club will match your $100 sponsorship, extending your sponsorship from one year to two years! To sponsor a hole, please contact Fred Salaz at the Nati Disc Golf. All checks need to be made payable to the Cincinnati Parks Foundation. We will have sample of the artwork and signs up on the website and facebook in the near future. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to be a part of a historic park and course and thank you for your support!!!
Fred Salaz
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:34:44 PM

Several Tee Signs are still available. Very reasonable for $100.00 if you want to get your name out there. They look great, better than Idlewilds' tee signs. Need to do it before Friday March 8. Thanks