Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Road Trip Options
Fred Salaz
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:29:44 PM

The Nati disc golf is headed for Flip City next Sunday.  The Nati has rented a van and all employees and friends are headed for flip city on the 19th and 20th.  We will be camping out on site.  Anyone wanting to join us is welcome but must provide their own transportation.  Should be  a good time.
Look for future road trips this fall and winter.  Looking at Flyboy Avaition or IDGC for the next trip.
I will post info on this thread.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 6:09:49 PM

We are planning another road trip. This time to the Charlotte area as soon as the weather permits. Shooting for next weekend(jan 21). Tentative schedule is to go to Winthrop, visit the Innova East Plant, play Winthrop on a Friday, go to charlotte on Saturday play Renny gold, Hornets Nest Saturday and play a Stan Mcdaniels suprise course on Sunday morning and head back Sunday afternoon. Anyone interested in going post here or shoot me an email. salazf@fuse.net
So far it's me, John Oswald Mark Egbers, Jeff Madden are going. Got room for a couple more.
surgediscgolf
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:15:39 PM

Did that exact road trip several years ago with my brother and our three sons. We had a great time. We also visited the Innova warehouse/distribution center while we were there! The other two course we played were Kilbourne and Reedy Creek. On the way home we stopped by Freeman Lake and played a round too. Most of us have average range (300 ft.) so Winthrop wasn't as sweet as we hoped it might be. I certainly could see that with a 400' tee shot the holes would be more entertaining. Awesome trip, have a good time.
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:39:52 PM

Yeah I was down there this summer. Didn't get to visit Innova or Winthrop though. We played Renny, Hornets and the new course Nevins, which was sweet. So tempted to go.
DanH
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:49:19 PM

The ropes make Winthrop challenging. Without them, it's just a distance contest. There were maybe 4 or 5 holes that were interesting otherwise.
MarcDayton
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 12:56:47 PM

Mike, Chris and Brandon,

enjoyed the round on sunday 24 june, next trip to dayton let me know, need more tips on how to throw better. try to contact me thru the DDGA website, marc interplayer
Fred Salaz
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 3:08:51 PM

The Nati is heading back to Flyboy Aviation and IDGC on Jan 7 - Jan 11(weather permitting). Anybody interested in going post here or stop by the shop. It WILL be a great time.