Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Course Work 2012 Options
surgediscgolf
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 1:40:51 PM

Got another three hours in on Hole No. 14 this morning, mostly mid-fairway. It's starting to look pretty good! And by the way, I had absolutely nothing to do with the see-through girl's blouse that's lying on the bench by the basket. However, if you're having topless work days you might want to announce it on this page... ...the number of workers might increase significantly! Just sayin"...
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 5:21:02 PM

This coming weekend looks like bad weather is approaching, and the following weekend is our annual Flying Pig Open event so looks like not much will get done for 2 weeks unless peeps come out during the week. Course is looking real close to ready but still have lots to do, every minute helps.
surgediscgolf
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:32:39 PM

Snuck in two hours of grooming on hole No. 14 again this morning. It got hot fast...
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 7:34:21 AM

Keep up the great work guys, course is really starting to look good.
We will be out there Saturday for sure but I am waiting to see how the weather looks for Sunday.
Focus will be on hole 17 and 18, clearing the rough areas, stumps, filling holes, etc..
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 5:15:49 AM

Course is getting close to being ready, next couple of weeks we will be working extra hard to get it playable in time for the CCS. I am planning on working there Friday thru Sunday this week and probably the same next weekend.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 7:08:01 AM

This coming weekend is our last chance to get everything ready for the CCS event on the 29th. I need all the help we can get. I will be there from Friday thru Sunday all day long.

Sunday the 23rd we will have a Volunteer Rewards Special Opening : All those that have helped are invited to be the first ones to play this amazing course. 1pm. we will assemble and install the baskets followed by a fun round of doubles @ 2:30pm., I may have to supervise a community service group and take care of some last minute priorities but will play it sometime that day.  Anyone that has not helped out but wants to play or just happens to show up will need to make a small donation to the course, $5 or more. I have and will post a list of volunteers later this week, check back to make sure your on it.  If you have done some course work and you have not told me you better get that info to me soon.

Anyone that has spent 5 hours or more will recieve a inagurial stamped disc from the Parks in thanks for your contribution of time and service.

What is left on the course agenda: Need to hand clear derbri/piles on holes 5,7,8,9,10,11,12,15,17,18. some need more than others(18,12).  Tee sign posts (osage orange timber) need to be sorted, holes dug and posts set on all tee's. Andrew and Gary will be mowing the course but we need to help them by making sure all the big limbs and stuff are cleared out. We have found 5 ground hornets nests and have been spraying them, 4 are now gone but he latest or newest one on hole 8 should be gone by this weekend, if you see orange flags that is the nests.

Anyone that wants to sponsor a Tee please contact us, we already have a few holes spoken for and we are ready to start accepting donations. call Andrew or I for details please.

Thank you everyone for all the support and help, this just isn't possible wthout it. and some more good news fo ya's. While doing this project we have been in contact with the Friends of Stonelick state park to which we have met a few times and are now taking steps in the direction of adding a course there. Initial approval is a go, next step is determining where and what type of course to fit their needs. More info to come soon.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:01:04 AM

thinking about borrowing a manual post hole digger how hard is the ground out there? and is this something you want done while you there adam? if not give me idea of where and how deep you want the holes dug for the tee signs i might go out there tomorow or thursday
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:37:03 AM

I haven't marked the locations for them yet so please wait on that till I am there, overall clean up is fairly easy to see and handle for anyone.
We have 2 post hole diggers out there and I will be bringing a bunch of rakes and other tools for this weekend, thanks to cincy parks for allowing me to borrow just about anything we need.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:11:59 AM

k
902boland
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:24:09 PM

Hola Adam, I will be off work no later than 2 from Florence(very good chance be off by 1). Takes me an hour to get into the Goshen area. still have time to throw down on some work? Don't have any tool, but can supply the man power. Thanks
902boland
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:26:01 PM

I was talking about this Saturday
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 10:43:46 AM

if me and some buddies come out early sunday and put in 5 hrs can we still get a disc or are they already spoken for?
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 11:28:22 PM

IF you put the time in we should have enough to go around, I start there around 8.
Discs have been ordered and will arrive next friday the 28th. I have a list and will be checkin it twice.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 2:19:18 AM

sweet i'll be there
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:53:35 AM

Getting ready and heading out soon, gonna stop at IHOP on SR 28 to fuel up for a long day. I should be on the course by Dawn.
Anyone have or able to bring a wheel borrow that would be awesome, Parks has one but, 1 of 2 tires are flat, usable but a pain in the butt.
as always call me if you can't find us. 513-255-7275.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 7:26:59 AM

I need to be at Mt.Airy this Saturday to run a demo booth for the Fall Festival, I can use some experienced help between 11 and 5 to help teach kids and others how to play. I will be setting things up at 10am. Holla if you can stop by even if only for an hour.

Sunday I will be out in Goshen at the Osage Grove course. Tons of work still to do. Last bit of trimming and hope to work on Tee sign Posts.
I also have half of the Goshen Park discs for sale and if you think you have put in 5 hours or more I have a freebie for ya so get with me soon before we sell them all.
borisbecker475
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:45:48 AM

Hey Adam,

When do you plan on being out at Osage Grove on Sunday?
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:29:40 PM

Watchin the weather, I may not be there and work on office stuff for the course. If rain is unlikely I usually get there by 8am. Will post later for changes.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:16:26 PM

This sunday I will be out at goshen, sunup till bout sundown.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 1:33:10 PM

Adam, squeaky wheel here. Any chance you can talk to Larry asap about the new tee pads for 1 and 15? Also I'd like to get started on the walls for any holes with a sloped green. I'm currently cleaning up the right rough on #1 and will need to get started on other projects before it gets too cold. Any word on the Tee signs? Thanks
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 8:03:56 PM

I hear ya Fred and didn`t we just discuss those this week, and as usual until I get approval from the Parks we have to just continue cleaning up as we have and hope they agree and let us move forward. I am hoping to have signs ready in a few weeks to maybe a month or two. Cincinnati Parks has the new tee sign posts and I have plans for them to approve retaining walls and alternate tee pads. I could use some help continuing clearing the greens on 3(long pins),4(short right),6(right side),10(pines to trail),11(left side and across bridge), 15(short by Cypress Trees). I will have the Parks come back to finish cleaning up the Pines and other trees they fell a few weeks ago. I will be talking with him (Larry) this weekend and hope to meet him during the week. Keep your fingers crossed.

We still have several CFR Disc`s to sell to raise funds for the Tee signs, $25 full color buzzz, I have some, Tony V our club vendor has some, and there are a few at the Nati Pro shop at Mt.Airy. Please consider buying one if you haven't already. I would love to do a multiple course series collection and showcase our best courses but if we have this much trouble selling 50 I don`t see it happening. I think we are down to around 20 left. Holla, and thanks for the support guys, so much to do....Oh and I have the Goshen course discs also....Laters.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:26:59 AM

PS. Heading out to Goshen in a bit.  Directions  maps.google.com/maps/ms
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 7:31:09 AM

Working at Osage Grove tomorrow, should be there by 8 till near dusk.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:49:30 AM

Goshen this Saturday, about 8am till I get tired, should be there all day. Hope to see some others out there to help.
For the next few weeks I will be out at Goshen on Saturday`s and maybe a few Sundays.
InnocentCrook
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 8:58:20 AM

I noticed that someone has put the course up on DGCR but other than directions there isn't any information.

Adam, safe to assume you didn't put it up on there?