Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2012 Ace Race and Day Glow Event Options
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:13:36 PM

Idiots that steal or cheat are doomed to near-misses and bad luck for the rest of their Disc Golf days. And I will personally put a hurting on you if I ever find you out. Tony, talk to me if you'd like a basket to borrow until you can replace that one.
discndat
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 4:41:09 PM

All in all it was a great day and night of disc golf - unfortunately, it just had to have a bad capper with a stolen basket. I still love this day for all the fun it gives us disc golfers, even though it really bummed me out for the final round. Anyone who wants to donate a few bucks to the cause, I'm going to get Tony Vincent a replacement basket by this weekend. Just let me know.

For the Ace Race, we had 100 players packs given out and 91 of those participated in the Ace Race. We had around 10 aces for the day ( a lot of people left before we could get the final tally), a lot of metals and even more fun. Phil Miller won the Discraft bag of discs and trophy disc with 2 aces and 1 metal.  It seemed most people liked the Ace Race disc, slightly overstable at low speeds, stable at high speeds and you could get some distance out of it - simply my take on it and I'm sure others have theirs. I have a feeling it will be a keeper in the Discraft lineup.

The Day Glow had 29 teams. We played 1 round during the day of 20 holes and 1 round at night with 19 holes.  We had a 15 hole mini disc golf course set up which a number of people played. It was a longer, more difficult layout this year. You could just play the course for free or you could pay a $2 entry fee to win an Innova Discatcher Mini Basket. The winning score for the Mini Golf was 39 by Sean Gebhard, so he took home the mini basket. 

The winning score for the Day Glow was 92 by Spencer Nunnelly and Bruce Cowan. There were 3 Aces during the day round, none at night - Jeff Worley, Brett Becker and Matt Enzweiler.  The scores are up under Results on this site. I just put them in with the 2 first names, as that's what I had on most of the cards anyway and I didn't know how to do doubles on this scoring format. There were at least 3 teams where the partners didn't show, so those will be under the one person's first and last name.

There are just so many people to thank for helping out with this event that I won't try to name them all here. Hopefully, I've thanked you already, but if not, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I hope everyone had a good time at this year's events and hope to see you again next year. If you have any comments on the event, just give me a call at 859.371.3668 or e-mail me at discndat@fuse.net

discndat
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 5:59:25 PM

I just added some pics from the Ace Race Day Glow to the Gallery under 2012 Ace Race Day Glow Event.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 8:06:42 PM

its amazing how much wind effects scores even more than darkness cause nearly everyone shot better in the glow round than they did in the windy day round